Cars and Van exemptions
• Commercial vehicles (N1 vehicles) that run on petrol, gas or electricity.
• Medical vehicles whose adaption cost >500€ can apply for an exemption here
Moped / scooters
• Four-stroke moped / scooter <10 years old, first registered after 1-1-2008. Exemption is issued for a maximum of 2 years (1 year with a maximum of 1 year renewal). This means no exemptions after 2021.
• Disabled (with a medical certificate from a medical specialist) with a four-stroke moped / scooter registered after 1-1-2005.
• Exemptions for occasional entry can be applied for up to 12 a year
Long term exemptions (1 year) Lorries:
• A Historic truck, >25 years and are exempt from road tax.
• If you buy a new truck, but this has a long lead time.
• If you have an exemption for your truck that is over 8 years old with Euro III (DPF)
• Hardship exemptions are possible if you can not meet the requirements of the environmental and find that you are unduly affected by the policy.
There are no exemptions available for coaches.
For more details see Amsterdam city exemption webpage