It is possible to get individual exemptions in the public interest, and in particular delivery of essential goods and services to the population. Exemptions are limited to the maximum of a year. Extensions of this are possible if the original conditions are fulfilled, or in particular hardship cases. No exemption is possible once the vehicle has entered the LEZ.
To be able to apply for any exemption:
- the vehicle in question is not able to be retrofitted
- as well as the specific requirements set out below.
- Residents or businesses within the LEZ
- Distribution of important goods and services to the population, in particularly:
- Requirements of food shops
- Requirements of pharmacies
- Requirements of old peoples homes, hospitals and other public facilities
- Requirements of weekly and special markets
- Travel to undertake essential services, in particular trips:
- To repair and maintain technical equipment needed for operations
- To deal with damage to buildings, including the removal of water, gas and electrical damage
- For social and nursing support services,
- To exercise overwhelming and urgent interests of individuals, especially for:
- The need for doctor visits (eg, dialysis patients and others)
- Shift work for those of who are not able to use public transport or a bicycle,
- The maintenance of manufacturing and production processes, such as
- The supply and disposal of construction sites,
- Goods delivered to manufacturing plants and shipping of goods from the production plant for operational purposes including the transport, if alternatives are not available,
- For other public interest reasons, such as
- Passing through of heavy loads,
- Reaching exhibitions or events.
- The transport of vehicles with temporary number plates
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.