The Access Regulation (ZTL) of the Historical Center, is a wide area within the historic center of Bologna. The Access Regulation includes the ZTL T AREA and Universita which have more restrictive times.
There is also an LEZ in place in Bologna.
07:00 - 20:00, every day, the movement of motor vehicles is restricted.
Area T: 00:00 – 24:00
Universita: 00:00 – 24:00
the dark green line is the boundary of the ZTL
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
If you have to enter the area for delivery you need a sticker. Please see here for further information.
In case you need to enter the ZTL and you are not eligible to a permit, you can buy a ticket valid for one day for 6€ or for 4 days for 15€. But Area T and University can NOT be entered with the ticket! And you can get only three tickets a month!
Please see here for further information.
Electric vehicles and PHEV can circulate in Bologna in the historical center, the T-Zone and the area Universita.
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
However, there is a mobile phone app that can tell you when you are about to drive into a camera enforced ZTL.
-clients of hotels garages and repair shops
-car sharing vehicles
-holders of permits
You have to give notice to the Sportello Mobilità before entering the zone:
- vehicles in the service of disabled people bearing the specific pass issued by the City of residence
- the zero-emission vehicles (electric) and hybrid electric motor
- vehicles in taxi service
- police, emergency vehicles, public safety and roadside assistance
- public services (telephone, water,…)
- vehicles of the State, City of Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Bologna Province, the municipalities of the Province of Bologna, Health Authority City of Bologna, S. Orsola-Malpighi, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, ARPA, and University of ARSTUD Bologna, ACER, Italian Post Office, funeral services
Loading and unloading times (20 minutes maximum), sticker F:
Euro 0: 06:00 – 07:30 and 14:30 – 16:30 weekdays
Euro 1-6: 06:00 – 10:00 and 14:00 –17:00 weekdays
CNG (compressed natural gas) and LPG (liquid petrolium gas): 06:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 17:00 weekdays
National exemptions for all ZTL:
Categories stated by law: public transport, vehicles for disabled people with registered disabled persons badge.
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for LEZs.