There is a winter driving restriction/access regulation (ZTL) in Castenaso. Region: Emilia Romagna; province: Bologna.
The minimum standards:
1 October 2016 to 31 March 2019:
Petrol vehicles Euro 2
Diesel cars Euro 4
Diesel commercial vehicles (M2, M3, N1, N2, N3) Euro 4
Mopeds and two-stroke motorcycles Euro 1
From October 2018:
Diesel cars Euro 5
Diesel commercial vehicles (M2, M3, N1, N2, N3) Euro 5
And from October 2020:
Petrol vehicles Euro 3 and LPG vehicles Euro 2
Mopeds and motorcycles Euro 2
The measures operate from 08:30-18:30
Car free Sundays, banning all private vehicles on the first Sunday of the month between October and March.
If PM10 exceeds 50 µg/m3 there will be emergency measures:
When the daily PM10 daily limit is exceeded during 7 days before the control day (Monday), the traffic restrictions adopted from Monday to Friday are also valid on the following Sunday (extraordinary ecological Sunday).
14 days:When the daily limit for PM10 is exceeded for 14 consecutive days in the same or another province, there are additional measures:
in the urban areas of all provincial capitals and in those with a population of more than 50,000 inhabitants
The measures are valid until the next control (following Tuesday).
1 - extraordinary ecological Sunday
2 - lowering of heating to a maximum of 19ºC and 17ºC in places that host productive and handicraft activities
3 – stop use of open fireplaces burning coal, wood, pellets,...
4 – more traffic controls in the urban centers
The ZTL covers the following streets:
• Via XXV Aprile (from SP 253 Via E.Pasquali) and Via E.Pasquali, for access to and exit from the parking area of Via XXV Aprile and car parks of Via E.Pasquali;
• Via Fava (from S. P. 253 Via Romitino);
• Via Romitino (section included in the settlement of Castenaso);
• Via Ponte Ferrovia;
• Via PCS Nasica (from the SP 253 at no. 103/2), for access to and exit from the parking sites in front of the civic Nos. 103/3, 103/4, 103/5 and 103/6 of the same Via PCS Nasica
• Via Mazzini (the stretch between Via Risorgimento and the end of the same street.v • Via Risorgimento (the stretch from number n. 1 intersection with Via Mazzini).
• Via XXI Ottobre (from Via Marano Via dello Sport), Via dello Sport (from Via XXI Ottobre 1944 Via De Cubertin), Via and Via De Cubertin Frullo (the beginning of the town at the roundabout R. Zucchi) , for access to and exit from the parking of the municipal cemetery, the ballpark, the Police Station and Casa Bondi;
• Via Fiesso (the beginning of the town at no. 7/2).
• Via Paolo Fabbri for the entry and exit from the parking sites in the same Via Paolo Fabbri;
• Via Bargello (the beginning of the town of the capital in Via B. Tosarelli)
• Via Turati (from Via Bargello Piazza Maria Curie), for access to and exit from the parking lot of Piazza Maria Curie.
• Via B.Tosarelli (the beginning of the town of the capital at the intersection with Via Bargello).
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
1 October to 31 March for the LEZ.
Monday to Friday from 08:30 - 18:30.
Ecological Sunday: every first Sunday of the month from 08:30 - 18:30, (with the same emissions standard as the weekday low emission zone).
75-450€ (Regional Law)
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.