There is a winter driving restriction/access regulation (ZTL) in Rimini. Region: Emilia Romagna; province: Rimini.
There is also an access regulation in place called Rimini - AR.
Dates and details
1 October 2016 to 31 March 2017:
Petrol vehicles Euro 2
Diesel cars Euro 4
Diesel commercial vehicles (M2, M3, N1, N2, N3) Euro 4
Mopeds and two-stroke motorcycles Euro 1
The measures operate from 08:30-18:30
Car free Sundays, banning all private vehicles on the first Sunday of the month between October and March.
If PM10 exceeds 50 µg/m3 there will be emergency measures:
When the daily PM10 daily limit is exceeded during 7 days before the control day (Monday), the traffic restrictions adopted from Monday to Friday are also valid on the following Sunday (extraordinary ecological Sunday).
14 days:When the daily limit for PM10 is exceeded for 14 consecutive days in the same or another province, there are additional measures:
in the urban areas of all provincial capitals and in those with a population of more than 50,000 inhabitants
The measures are valid until the next control (following Tuesday).
1 - extraordinary ecological Sunday
2 - lowering of heating to a maximum of 19ºC and 17ºC in places that host productive and handicraft activities
3 – stop use of open fireplaces burning coal, wood, pellets,...
4 – more traffic controls in the urban centers
All vehicles, including motorcycles, during the winter.
Urban area of Rimini commune. The exemptions are:
- The Highway 16 (SS16)
- The following sections of the urban road network:
- Viale Principe di Piemonte from the border with Riccione to the roundabout junction with Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto;
- Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto to the SS.16;
- Via San Salvador from the Bellaria-Igea Marina to the junction with Via Tolemaide;
- Via Tolemaide to the SS.16;
- the entry and exits to the car park on Piazzale Caduti di Cefalonia to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS16 - Via Marecchiese – Via Caduti di Marzabotto) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on via Euterpe (Centro Ausa) to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 - Via della Fiera – Via Euterpe) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Piazzale Chiabrera to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 - Via Flaminia – Viale Settembrini – rotatoria Ospedale – Via Firenze – Piazzale Chiabrera);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Don Tonino Bello to the SS.16 (path opf entry/exit: SS.16 - Via Beltramini – Via Baroni);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Via XXIII Settembre (Centro i Portici – Zona Celle) to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 – Via Popilia e/o Via Emilia – Via XXIII Settembre) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Via G.Fantoni to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 – Via Flaminia Conca – Via G.Fantoni).
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Need to Register?
Foreign vehicles affected?
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
Hours of operation
1 October to 31 March for the LEZ.
Monday to Friday from 08:30 - 18:30.
Ecological Sunday: every first Sunday of the month from 08:30 - 18:30, (with the same emissions standard as the weekday low emission zone).
75-450€ (Regional Law)
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
Local name for the scheme
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.
Air Quality programme for Emilia Romagna region
Rimini city website