Piemonte general exemptions:
- Vehicles for the transport of persons with disabilities;
- Vehicles registered in the registers of historic cars;
- LPG and methane (also bifuel) vehicles pre-Euro 1 emissions;
- Vehicles over 3.5 tonnes;
- Vehicles used in case of emergency services and security in the categories covered in the driving restrictions, such as emergency vehicles, emergency and those used for standby duty, including maintenance of installations businesses and residence.
- Emergency and security that affects a private citizen, in critical and urgent circumstances warrant, well as for reaching the authorised workshops to make the roadworthiness of vehicles and / or control of exhaust gas (blue sticker).
- The LEZ is suspended during the days of a strike
Plus local exemptions:
- certification issued by the competent bodies, including persons who have undergone organ transplants, who are immuno-compromised or who shall visit health facilities for disaster relief. The person must be in possession of the statement made by schools, offices, clinics, etc.., which is specified address and the start time and end of school, work, therapy, etc..;
- vehicles used to transport people undergoing treatment or examinations necessary to able to produce medical certification on or reservation. The person must have a copy of medical certificate or reservation and a declaration in lieu of affidavit (self-declaration) that states that the person has to undergo treatment or examination, in which the driver declares the location and time;
- vehicles used by caregivers in service with the employer's certification stating that the operator is paying home care to people with medical conditions for which the assistance home is essential; vehicles used by persons performing services home care for people affected by serious illness with certification issued by the competent bodies or by the family doctor;
- vehicles used for standby duty, including those of maintenance plants serving business and residence;
- vehicles on the register of historic cars provided that the state of conservation is reasonable and it is certified by specialised centres identified by Piedmont Region;
- vehicles used during funeral services and extra-ordinary processions if provided with adequate Documentation (it will be sufficient to produce calls or certificates issued by Ministers officiating).
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.