The Erfurt local exemptions are limited until 31.12.2014:
- vehicles where the driver or passenger is disabled as in § 3 Abs.1 Nr. 1 to 3 and has a disabled pass with mark "B" or "G" or a national disabled parking permit (Orange colour).
- Showmans vehicles, specifically used for funfairs and circus purposes. Vehicles used for the weekly market as long as they are clearly labelled for this purpose, for the drive to and from the market or exhibition – proof of involvement is needed.
- Buses in vehicle class M2 and M3 with Yellow sticker (Euro 3), without retrofitting of a particle filter.
- Vehicles used for trial or test drives or transfers, with red number plates beginning with "06" (§ 16 Abs. 3 FZV). Vehicles with export (§ 19 Abs.1 Nr. 3 FZV) or short term (§ 16 Abs. 2 FZV) number plates.
- Vehicles that by law or police request need to be brought to the official offices in Erfurt
- Vehicles without a green sticker that are being brought to be repaired or reconditioned at a garage within the LEZ. Proof of this must be brought.
- Vehicles for large or heavy transport that have a valid permit under § 46 of the road rules (StVO) for a section of the city of Erfurt.
To get an exemption, see http://www.erfurt.de/ef/de/mobil/auto/umweltzone/42709.shtml.