For the central area LEZ (warning! Many of these exemptions are not valid in the days and hours that ZTL is in force on the entire town, see separate exemptions):
a) vehicles of residents in the low-traffic area of Old Town
b) electric or hybrid vehicles operating on electric motor;
c) CNG and LPG vehicles;
d) four-stroke motorcycles and mopeds;
e) vehicles of the Armed Forces, law enforcement agencies, Fire Service, ARPA, the Piedmont Region, the Province of Cuneo, rescue services, to organisations and institutions affiliated to the regional system of civil protection service, media specially adapted to the forced removal of vehicles;
f) taxi duty, bus service, buses and vehicles in rental service with driver;
g) vehicles owned (or rented, or leased) of Local Authorities, the State, of Public sector entities, businesses and institutions of public service and postal service;
h) vehicles with foreign number plates;
i) vehicles used during funerals;
j) machines operating from temporary facilities during work in localised area - subject to limitations;
k) vehicles used to transport people with disabilities that carry authorisation by the competent bodies;
l) historical vehicles;
m) vehicles used by suppliers of goods from the companies included in the restricted traffic zone, restricted to loading and unloading.
Exemptions for the rest of the LEZ area:
- Vehicles used to transport people with disabilities;
- Vehicles entered in the register of historic cars;
- LPG and CNG vehicles (also bifuel) with previous approvals EURO 1;
- Vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, agricultural machinery, construction machinery, motor homes;
- Vehicles used in case of emergency services and security in the categories covered in the restrictions on movement. In this term include the rescue vehicles, emergency and those used for standby duty, including those of plant maintenance service to business and residence, and vehicles of local public entities or otherwise circulating for official purposes;
- Vehicles of private citizens as long as there is evidence of impending danger, urgency, safety and emergency (state of necessity under Art. 4 L. 689/81);
- Vehicles travelling to authorised workshops to carry out the roadworthiness of vehicles and / or control of exhaust gas (blue sticker/MoT test).
- Days of a strike of public transport workers
In addition special exemptions are available. In all cases below the schedule and route specified must be compatible with the justification for the derogation:
• vehicles used for transportation of persons subjected to treatment or clinical examination able to produce medical certification on or reservation. Over the distance covered the relevant person must carry a copy of a medical certificate or reservation and a declaration in lieu of affidavit (self-declaration), in which the driver declares the location and time;
• vehicles used by caregivers on duty certified by the employer or institution for which they work and stating that the operator is paying home-based care to people with medical conditions for which home care is essential, vehicles used by persons play care services for people affected by serious illness certified original copy issued by the competent bodies or by the family doctor;
• vehicles participating in funeral ceremonies or special religious or civil ceremonies.
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.