The national LEZ scheme stipulates general exemptions from the LEZ for the following type of vehicles:
1. mobile machinery and equipment;
2. work machines;
3. agricultural and forestry tractors;
4. two- and three-wheeled motor vehicles incl. "quads";
5. ambulance cars, doctor's cars with the mark "Arzt Notfalleinsatz" (doctor in emergency service);
6. motor vehicles driven by, or carrying persons with serious mobility impairments, helpless or blind persons who have a severe disablement document marked with disability codes "aG", "H" or "Bl";
7. vehicles that may use special priority privileges, such as police, fire brigade, disaster relief or refuse collection vehicles;
8. Army and NATO vehicles.
9. Vintage cars older than 30 year with “H” in the registration number or with a red number plate (prefix 07) for historic vehicles. Foreign vehicles need to comply with the corresponding conditions.
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2015/16. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.