- the installation of a pollution filter is not possible to your vehicle
- the ordered new vehicle has not been delivered yet
- You are resident or trader based in the LEZ
- You make trips to supply the population with essential goods or services, e.g. Food, medicine, emergency services
- You make trips to the perception of overwhelming and urgent individual interests.
You can request an exemption
- in particularly justified cases of hardship, or
- for journeys of traders, when the company would be threatened by a ban on driving in its existence.
This has to be demonstrated by an expert confirmation as e.g.
- Advice of an accountant or
- a confirmation of the Chamber of Commerce or the Chamber of Handicrafts or
- similar organisation
Who doesn’t get an exemption?
- Guests and Visitors to the LEZ
- Visitors of evening schools, sports clubs, events, and so on
- Shopping trips and private transport trips with children for sport and leisure
- employed person with regular working hours to the journey times of public transport
Who gets a daily permit?
A daily permit you get when you meet the following requirements:
- You are resident or trader based in the LEZ or
- You make trips to supply the population with essential goods or services, e.g. Food, medicine, emergency services;
- You make trips to the perception of overwhelming and urgent individual interests or
- You make trips to the supply of special markets and special events or
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.