There are general exemptions for the LEZ that are regulated by the German law.
And there are special exemptions that are regulated by the individual city.
For Marburg these are:
- trips to supply the population with essential goods and services such as elevator emergency services, transportation of blood, doctors, patient with periodic emergency services, elimination of damage to buildings, etc.
- trips of social or health care
- tour busses
- special vehicles with high acquisition or retrofitting costs and low mileage in the environmental area, such as heavy duty trucks, mobile cranes and similar vehicles, unless approved as machinery
- shift work where public transport is not available at the start or finish times
- special hardship cases: if the existence of a trader is threateded by a traffic ban. To prove this you need your accountent to confirm this.