1. Traders in farmer’s market and special markets (especially pottery market (Töpfermarkt), Krammarkt, the market for handicrafts (Markt für Kunsthandwerk),
2. Vehicles of disabled people according to § 46 para 1 No. 11 Road Traffic Regulations (nationwide valid orange passport and / or Bavarian valid blue card)
3. Classic cars according to § 2 No. 22-licensing of vehicles Regulation (FZV) in conjunction with § 23 Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (Road Traffic Licensing Regulations) (report) without classic car number plate.
4. Examination, trial or release trips with temporary license plate, with red plate according to § 16 FZV or with export plate according to § 19 FZV,
5. Rides to (after-sales) service appointments at the company William Mayer
6. Trips to the TÜV for the vehicle inspection
Residents in the LEZ are not exempt from the LEZ or requirement to show a sticker, this is also true for commuters, campers, floats, artisans, foreign and delivery vehicles.
However, there is the possibility to grant exemptions for vehicles where it is in the public interest in particular to supply the population with essential goods and services. Within the limits of the granted single exemption it is possible to drive in the LEZ (only for the authorized purposes)
A. General Requirements for the granting of exemptions
exemptions are possible particularly if:
- the retrofitting of the vehicle is technically not possible
- one of the special requirements of section B is met.
Exemptions are valid generaly one year at most. A re-issuance or extension is only available a retrofit is not technically possible, and one of the requirements below is met or to avoid unacceptable hardship in individual cases.
B. Special requirements for issue of exemptions
After meeting the general requirements exemptions can be granted regularly for
1. Residents and businesses based in the LEZ
2. Journeys to supply the population with essential goods, notably the supply
- of food retailing
- of pharmacies
- of nursing homes, hospitals and similar public facilities
3. Journeys to supply the population with essential services, notably journeys
- to the preservation and repair of technical equipment required for operating
- to deal with damage to buildings, including the removal of water, gas and electrical damage
- for social and nursing support services
4. Trips to carry most urgent and special interests, particularly for
- Essential regular medical visits (eg, dialysis patients, etc.)
- shift worker, who can not use public transport
- the maintenance of manufacturing and production processes, such as
* the supply and disposal of construction sites
* the delivery of goods to manufacturing plants and shipping of goods from the production, unless alternatives are available.
- Single trips for special reasons as e.g.
*Events (e.g. vendors)
*the transfer of vehicles with temporary registration plate
No exemptions will be damitted to motor vehicles, which are registred to the applicant after the entry into force of the LEZ.
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.