The following vehicles are exempted:
- motorcycles registered for disabled drivers provided by DPR 503 of 24 July 1996;
- historic vehicles enrolled in one of the registers under Article. 60 D. Lgs.n. 285/1992 and s.m.i. (New Highway Code), which meet the requirements of Art. 215 D.P.R. No 495/1992 and s.m.i. (Rules of execution and implementation of the New Highway Code).
- vehicles powered by methane, LPG
- electric vehicles and hybrids
- police and emergency vehicles
- vehicles providing water, light, gas, telefone, security, traffic regulation, lift, heating and air conditioning
- public transport
- garbage trucks
- vehicles for handicapped drivers D.P.R. 503 of 24 July 1996
- vehicles for the transport of perishable goods, newspapers, mail and drugs
- vehicles for the transport of persons attending funerals or weddings
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.