CENTRO ABITATO Zone
- Disabled vehicles with a special permit issued under Article. 188 of the Highway Code, and vehicles specifically adapted for driving by disabled people of work with a declaration INAIL;
- Historic vehicles in the registers of historic cars;
- LPG and CNG powered vehicles (also bifuel) that are pre-EURO 1;
- vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, agricultural machinery, construction machinery, motor homes;
- vehicles used in case of emergency services and security in the categories covered in the restrictions on movement. This includes emergency vehicles and those used for standby duty, including those of plant maintenance service to business and residence;
- vehicles from private citizens as long as there is evidence of impending danger, urgency, safety and emergency (state of necessity under Art. 4 L. 689/81);
- Vehicles travelling to authorised workshops for the roadworthiness of vehicles and / or control of exhaust gas (blue sticker/MoT test).
- vehicles on days of a strike by employees of local public transport service organised in accordance with the procedures under the existing legislation.
- Residents of the low-traffic area - driving license is needed as proof of their actual residence;
- Electric, hybrid, CNG and LNG vehicles;
- four-stroke motorcycles and mopeds;
- vehicles of the Armed Forces, Bodies of the Police, Fire Service, ARPA, rescue services, civil protection services or facilities specially adapted for the forced removal of vehicles;
- taxi duty, bus service, buses and vehicles in rental service with driver;
- vehicles owned (or rented, or leased) of Local Authorities, the State, of Public sector entities, businesses and institutions of public service and postal service;
- Vehicles with foreign number plates;
- Machinery or vehicles that perform work on behalf of public authorities, vehicles classified as special purpose (Legislative Decree 285/92, art. 54, paragraph 2); vehicles carrying out work for which they have previously been granted permits for the occupation of public land, vehicles used by technical assistance for urgent or emergency operation, vehicles to transport food for school cafeterias or drugs to health care facilities;
- Disabled vehicles with an authorisation by the competent bodies;
- vehicles used by traders on public areas that access the city centre in the days of the fair or market;
- loading and unloading by suppliers vehicles to companies in the restricted traffic zone;
- vehicles used to transport people undergoing treatment or examinations. A medical certification on or reservation must be produced, which declares the location and time;
- Postal service vehicles, even when it is managed contracts with private vehicles of courier service operators or of postmen, with a statement from the Management Office to certify the use of the vehicle private sector for the postal service;
- vehicles participating in funeral services for the route from home to the funeral and back;
- historic vehicles as per Article .60 of the highway code, entered in the appropriate registers (ASI-Italian Historical Lancia-Fiat-Alfa Romeo Italian in Article .215 of the Regulations for Implementation of the CDS).
These exemptions are listed for your guide only. They are not officially translated, and are current as of winter 2009/10. The original on the city/regional/national website is the only accurate source.