Verona has a low emission zone in place. This zone covers the entire municipality of Verona. It keeps certain vehicles not meeting the required Euro standard from entering the municipality at certain times.
There is also an access regulation in place called Verona - AR.
From 15 October to 15 April
Motorbikes and mopeds need to be registered first after 1 January 2000.
From 1 December 2011
CNG, LPG, electric, hybrid or special purpose (grey flag) are allowed access
fitting with a diesel particulate filter allows entry to higher standards
Commercial vehicles (L2, N5, N, including motorcycle-based vehicles)
Whole municipality area except: ZAI historical Ring Road East, South Freeway, Motorway sections that fall in the municipal area; route address of the fairgrounds, limited to the following route: Motorway exit of Verona South, Viale delle Nazioni, Largo del Perlar, Viale del Lavoro finishing at Piazzale della Fiera, for the shortest path (in return) limited to periods trade shows; Access to the Municipal parking "Marcantonio Bentegodi" limited to the following route: Motorway along the North of Verona, with the exit at the junction that leads to parking at the Stadium (round trip)
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
15 October to 15 April:
Monday to Friday from 08:30 - 12:30 and 15:00 - 18:00.
Yes, the penalty envisaged ranges from a minimum of € 164.00 to a maximum of € 664.00, pursuant to article 7 paragraph 13-bis of the legislative decree 30 April 1992 n.285 "New Code of the Road", introduced art. 2 of the Law n. 120/2010 "Provisions on road safety - Changes to the Highway Code".
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
- CNG, LPG, electric, hybrid or special purpose vehicles
- Lorries over 5.5T should contact the permissions office
-Vehicles with vendors that are limited to the shortest path for home-market
- Vehicles not limited to specific use or special use:
- Recovery vehicles (special use)
- Vehicles specially equipped for vehicle removal (specific use)
- Vehicles with a crane (special use)
- Refrigerated lorry (specific use)
- Glass plate lorry (special use)
- Advertising lorry (special use)
- Vehicles with permanently hydro-pneumatic lifting systems (specific use)
- Trucks specially equipped with permanent systems for the preparation of liquid bitumen for road surfaces (specific use)
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.