There is also an access regulation in place called Verona - AR.
Dates and details
Commercial vehicles (L2, N5, N, including motorcycle-based) with Euro 2 (Blue flag)
Commercial vehicles (L2, N5, N) with Euro 3 (pink flag)
From 31.12.2014 Commercial vehicles (L2, N5, N) with euro 4 and above (pink flag)
CNG, LPG, electric, hybrid or special purpose (grey flag) are allowed access
fitting with a diesel particulate filter allows entry to higher standards
Commercial vehicles (L2, N5, N, including motorcycle-based vehicles)
Whole municipality area except: ZAI historical Ring Road East, South Freeway, Motorway sections that fall in the municipal area; route address of the fairgrounds, limited to the following route: Motorway exit of Verona South, Viale delle Nazioni, Largo del Perlar, Viale del Lavoro finishing at Piazzale della Fiera, for the shortest path (in return) limited to periods trade shows; Access to the Municipal parking "Marcantonio Bentegodi" limited to the following route: Motorway along the North of Verona, with the exit at the junction that leads to parking at the Stadium (round trip)
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Need to Register?
Yes, through a windscreen sticker. Euro 0 = Yellow, Euro 1= White, Euro 2 = Blue, Euro 3 and above = Pink
Click here to register for Verona`s LEZ
Foreign vehicles affected?
Must conform to the Italian certification
Hours of operation
Permanent, on weekdays, 06:00 to 20:00
Manual with stickers
Using traffic regulations
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
- CNG, LPG, electric, hybrid or special purpose vehicles
- Lorries over 5.5T should contact the permissions office
-Vehicles with vendors that are limited to the shortest path for home-market
- Vehicles not limited to specific use or special use:
- Recovery vehicles (special use)
- Vehicles specially equipped for vehicle removal (specific use)
- Vehicles with a crane (special use)
- Refrigerated lorry (specific use)
- Glass plate lorry (special use)
- Advertising lorry (special use)
- Vehicles with permanently hydro-pneumatic lifting systems (specific use)
- Trucks specially equipped with permanent systems for the preparation of liquid bitumen for road surfaces (specific use)
Local name for the scheme
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for all access regulation schemes, also used for Low Emission Zones.
Verona city website