Dates & Times
10:00 to 16:00, Monday to Saturday. No charge on public holidays.
£2.00 per day
Boundary or roads / junctions affected
The zone is located on Durham peninsula, the home of the historic World Heritage site of Durham Cathedral and Castle, as well as the Durham Market Place, Durham Chorister School, Durham University colleges and a variety of shops and businesses.
Camera enforced (ANPR)
Are Foreign Vehicles affected?:
Yes, are affected.
Penalty for not complying
Not paying the charge by 18:00 on the next chargeable day will result in a penalty charge notice for the registered keeper of the vehicle.
* Any two wheeled motorbikes (and sidecars), mopeds and bicycles.
* Any cash transport vehicles
* Any vehicle being used for the purpose of delivering or collecting postal packets in the service of a universal service provider.
* Any police, fire brigade or ambulance vehicle with police/fire brigade/ambulance logos on.
* Any powered wheelchair or scooter used by a disabled person.
* Any liveried Durham County Council vehicle (ie council vehicle with council logo on).
Are there reductions for certain vehicles (eg cleaner / smaller vehicles)?
Reductions for multi trips or residents etc?
Yes, there are exemptions for residents and their visitors.
See Parking Shop
Finchale Road, Framwellgate Moor, Durham County, Durham, DH1 5HL, UK.
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 384 6633
Local name for the charge
Durham Road User Charge Zone
Durham city website